Redesigning Logos

I am subscribed to quite a few different artists/art-related channels on YouTube. Thus, a lot of art-related videos appear on my feed. I came across, what seems to be a trend on YouTube, of graphic designers documenting their process as they re-design famous brand logos. After watching a few, I was instantly hooked. I loved the videos because not only is it interesting to be guided through the mental process of a person who has studied, is trained in, and currently works in the field of graphic design, but also because they became a source for me to learn new skills in Illustrator as well. Watching these videos pointed out so many "flaws" in many of the popular brand logos that we see today; however, as humans who are not necessarily as trained as these individuals on graphic design, we are completely oblivious to them. It really goes to show how powerful a brand is for a company and how, as long as a logo is eye-catching enough, a lot of areas of improvement get dismissed.

Comments