fierce pussy

Recently, I went to the Institute of Contemporary Art. I was intrigued by the work of "fierce pussy." Although this information was not super clear during my visit, I found out through later research that fierce pussy is an art collective comprised of four queer artists. Their work stuck out to me because I am a very big fan of political art, especially if it is giving a voice to people who belong to marginalized communities. While viewing their work, I instantly drew connections to Jenny Holzer, the artist who I presented on earlier in the course. I was reminded of Jenny because of the short, powerful statements as well as the fact that this art takes on many different media. This inevitably led me to the question of whether or not they write these statements themselves or if they take them from others, as Jenny Holzer has admitted that as of late, she has been using words stated by other people.

Comments